Mass Reality Check is a showcase of documentary film shorts by current undergraduates and recent graduates working on a short documentary or an experimental documentary film, from a Massachusett’s Colleges or Universities.
Every student’s film selected to screen March 6 at the 2015 Salem Film Fest will receive an all-access pass to the festival and a jury of SFF 2015 sponsors will award one filmmaker “Best Short.”
After the festival, the programming staff from SSF 2015 and representatives from LEF Foundation, Documentary Educational Resources, and The Independent, will meet individually with the Mass Reality Check 2015 winner to advise them about filmmaking as a career and provide insights into funding, distribution and other professional considerations.
Submissions are now open until February 17 for Mass Reality Check, and the winner will be chosen which takes place in Salem, Massachusetts from March 5-12, 2015.
1. Submitting your film is free, but to participate you must be:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a Massachusetts college or university, OR a recent graduate who attended a Massachusetts college or university during the 2014 calendar year. . . Or . . .
- A Massachusetts resident either currently enrolled in an out of state college or university OR a recent graduate in the 2014 calendar year.
2. Submissions must be either documentary short or experimental documentary short film.
3. Submitted film must be no shorter than 3 minutes and no longer than 25 minutes.
4. You may only enter one film.
5. Any stock footage or music that might appear in your film must be properly licensed.
6. Your film must have been completed after January 1, 2014.
7. All applicants must fill out an official Mass Reality Check Entry Form. Download Here: MRCEntryForm2015.
8. When submitting your film, please provide two DVD screeners, as well as an online screening link if available.
9. Films may be submitted immediately, but must be received by Tuesday, February 17, 2015, by 5 pm to be considered.
Mail your entry to the following address:
Mass Reality Check @ Salem Film Fest
1 East India Square Mall
Salem, MA 01970
10. Once you have mailed your entry, please send an e-mail to MassRealityCheck@salemfilmfest.com to let us know you have entered and when you sent your submission.
Do not mail Salem Film Fest any materials you need to be returned.
Blog Post By:
Salem State University
EXPECT Program SFF2015